Wednesday, August 31, 2011

"Beary Scary"

This brazen black bear decided to make a visit to the Roney household yesterday. When I first noticed him he was outside my office window on the back patio. I was FREAKED OUT because I had JUST read an article in our daily newspaper about a hiker who was killed by a grizzly bear in Yellowstone. So, after my initial scare, I grabbed my camera. He was constantly on the move, not too fast, but he never stayed in one place but a few seconds.

He decided to head up this aspen tree....there is a bird feeder out on it's limb, but he never even swatted at it or try to go out on the limb...guess he figured he was too big to try.

After coming down out of the tree, he was checking out the yard for more treats...we've got tons of berries in our bushes all over the area he was scouting around. I eventually lost track of the bear and hoped that he would find greener pastures elsewhere.

I'm back!!!!! The bear makes another appearance on the other side of the house several hours later. Here, Kirk is demonstrating WHAT NOT TO DO!

3 comments:

Juanique said...

That is just WILD!! And so cool!

Denice said...

A bear in your backyard! Oh my! Kirk - get in the house!!!

justified said...

That's awesome!!!! Man, you guys have all kinds of great animals!!