Friday, September 16, 2011

more....visits

So, our friendly bear made a few more visits. After the first time seeing him, I just dismissed that fact that I would EVER see him again...oh no, I guess I have the best berries around! Visit #2 happened on a beautiful Sunday afternoon. Kirk, Maya, Sage and I were sitting outside on the back patio....thank goodness Sage was facing the mountain...cuz Mr. Bear was coming up the walkway and was really close to Kirk's feet! She said "BEAR" and we knew what that meant! When we hustled to get back in the house, he hustled away as well. A bit later, I caught him eating berries on the grass outside of my office window.


Visit #3 unfortunately I do not have a picture of him. But we again "caught" him eating berries off the path to our big grassy field. Kirk and I were "sort of" watching him since there is so much brush in the area. We could definately hear him as he shuffled around gathering berries to eat. I was getting a bit impatient at Kirk...and so I raised my voice a bit and then all of a sudden I heard major movement that I thought was FOR SURE coming towards me. EVERY MAN FOR HIMSELF! I ran like the able track star I am (NOT) to the house. All the hurried movement was the bear going UP a pine tree! I wished I could have gotten pictures of the bear in the tree, but Lea was waiting for me in the car to take her to work! You all have vivid imaginations, I'm sure you got the picture?

This visitor is welcome.....anytime!

1 comment:

Denice said...

Oh my. Hopefully he gets all those berries eaten and can move on.