Friday, August 19, 2011

Week 4: Lake Tahoe

Week 4 was spent in Lake Tahoe! We stayed on the California side at the Resort at Squaw Valley. This area was made famous for having the 1960 Winter Olympics. I've also heard that this was the first televised Olympics.

As if we couldn't get enough beach time, we headed over to Sandy Harbor State Beach. This wonderful "sandy" beach is on the Nevada side of the lake.

The temperature was wonderfully hot and then you could cool off in the very cool Lake Tahoe. I could've stayed at this beach all day. It was SO pleasant.

Being at a ski resort, we had to take a gondola ride up to High Camp.

Imagine my surprise to find a swimming pool up here! I wished I'd a brought my swimsuit!

It also had an ice rink in the winter and a roller rink in the summer!

Then we went out on the lake on this little number--the Tahoe Gal. We went on a 3-1/2 hour lunch cruise around the lake. It was GORGEOUS!

And of course, we just had to buy the photo they took of us! (sorry--it's so much better, but I took a picture of the photo!)

There was a ceramic painting store at the village at Squaw and we all got our creative juices flowing...even Kirk participated! We were all wondering how his splattering effect was going to turn out.

It turned out AWESOME! And yes, it will grace my countertop at home!

Maya could have LIVED at this place...she totally got into designing and creating a one of a kind bowl.

Here's her bowl with a mug she also painted.

On our last day in Tahoe, the girls went parasailing! Sage said it was the funnest thing that she has ever done! I didn't get very good pictures cuz the boat was cruising so far out on the lake.
And then we came home.....ahhhh.

No comments: