Wednesday, October 13, 2010

I'd highly recommend...

this book that my sister-in-law Chantale recommended to me...it's called "Same Kind of Different As Me: A Modern-Day Slave, an International Art Dealer, and the Unlikely Woman Who Bound Them Together". It's by Ron Hall, Denver Moore and Lynn Vincent. It's an excellent book and highly inspirational. I just finished "Driven: An Autobiography" by Larry H. Miller and Doug Robinson. Great read as well. And now you ask...what am I reading now? Well, actually, I'm "reading" two books. I'm listening to a "playaway" (aka..audiobook) entitled "Washington's Crossing" by David Hackett Fischer. Obviously a historic book about the revolution. It's in this cool, compact 2 by 3-1/2 inch devide which uses your own headphones. I listen in the car as I'm driving (cuz you all know how much time I spend in my car!) and I even listen as I go about doing mindless housework. It's 19 hours..so, it'll take me a bit. The other book I'm actually reading is "Follow the River" by James Alexander Thom. It's a novel based on the true ordeal of Mary Ingles. I'm always looking for another good read, so if anyone has any suggestions, let me know. I'll add it to my list.

1 comment:

Denice said...

the kitchen house, the forgotten garden, the wives of henry oades, the post mistress. dont waste your time reading the lonely polygamist.

i like the little audio bok thing.