Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Melanie's weekend

I left Jackson this weekend to attend the wedding of my niece Kourtney down in southern Utah. My sister Val and I chauffeured our parents. We spent Friday night right outside the Ponderosa Ranch down by Orderville, Utah. My father, who is a national park groupie wanted to take the "scenic" route through Zion National Park. And being the dutiful daughters we are, we agreed and went the long way. My dad had a lot of memories of working at Zion's when he was 18, 19 and 20 yrs old. (btw...Dad turned 80 in Nov) It was a beautiful time of day as we drove through this magestic landscape.

The next morning, we headed back through Zion's again to go to the St. George Temple. This magnificent temple is just blindingly WHITE! It was amazing to me to see palm trees on the temple grounds. The weather was incredible and I can totally understand why so many people want to retire or snowbird in this area.

Here's me and Kourtney's friend just waiting for the bride and groom....and yes, enjoying the warm sun!

Announcing....Mr. and Mrs. Jake Millard !!! check out cute little Kourtney's shoes...they match her hubbies!

FAMILY....it's what it's all about. Here's my brother Keith and his entire family with spouses and his first grandchild, Addison.

1 comment:

justified said...

dang! great times down in st. george! it was so good seeing you!!!