Thursday, March 3, 2011

GUESS where I went?

HAWAII!!!!! Went to Maui and stayed at the Grand Wailea with the JAZZ 100 club (thanks Nedra and Rob!)

We went to the whale festival on Saturday and had some great people watching...check out this guy and his dreds! This place was full of hippies....so fun to see.

The Grand Wailea is such a beautiful hotel...we had stayed here about 20 years ago and it's still incredibly gorgeous. Here's a view looking into the Botero bar. There is 30 million dollars worth of original art here in this hotel; all these Botero sculptures are very fun.

Here's the Botero we passed by everyday to go to breakfast or the beach...kinda reminds me of someone....

My favorite sculpture of all....hula men...saw them everytime I used the elevator to go to my room.

These dolphins greeted you as you went to the "adult" pool.

Nedra and Rob arranged a whale watching expedition on a cool yacht--here's the boys Derek, Kirk and Brooke just taking it easy checking out all the action.

some of us were just messing around....

I apologize for the lousy pictures, but all I had was my little point and shoot and when you zoom SO much it gets blurry...but here was a whale breeching....so awesome to see.

saw a lot of these!!!

this cute chapel is on the grounds of the Grand Wailea....even saw a bride head in there one afternoon

our view when we ate breakfast--isn't it gorgeous?
I hope I made you all absolutely JEALOUS with these pictures....it was such a treat to head out of Jackson and all the cold and snow...thanks again Nedra and Rob!

No comments: