Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Sun dogs

There was an awesome sun dog this morning as I was taking Lea to work. I considered stopping and taking a picture, but realized that I couldn't do it justice with my cell phone and that it would just look like a "bright" mess. Besides, it was Wednesday. Lea's FAVORITE job--where she pushes the juice cart around the primary care unit in the hospital and dispenses juice, newspapers and her sweetness to all the patients. Back to the sun dog...in case you're wondering what one is, it is an atmospheric phenomenon that creates bright spots of light in the sky which looks like a halo or ring on either side of the sun. Sun dogs are formed by ice crystals in very cold weather. Yes, it was about 7 below when I left the house at 8:30 this morning. Thus...a sun dog.

No comments: