Thursday, June 24, 2010

ROAD TRIP

Kirk and I embarked on a road trip with some friends. I know...Kirk and I on the road trip...sounds funny, I know. My kids sure thought we had reverted back to our hippie days. ( maybe Kirk had hippie times, but I was just a baby!) The goal: the northwest. We sort of "knew" where we'd like to go and jogged around here and there on the map. Never knowing where we would spend the night...we drove till we liked a particular place. From Jackson, we drove to Boise, Idaho to drop off our friend's daughter. Then, we headed through Oregon..always heading west. Stopped for lunch in Hood River, Oregon....loved the town! Saw Mount Hood in the distance....several of my kids have been there for ski camps. Below is a photo of Multnomah Falls.

This waterfall is called Horsetail Falls.

This photo is of the Colombia River taken from the vista house. We followed the river for a bit.
Next stop: coast of Oregon.

No comments: