Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Two more balloons...

Just two more balloons for Kirk! Yep, only 2 treatments left to do. About 10 days ago, he became the #1 guy in gantry 3. That means he is the first guy to get treatment for the day...at 5 am! Which means we get up at 4:15 am so he can drink his water in time for treatment. Which also means we go to bed at 8:15 pm every night, so he can get a full 8 hours of rest. It is exhausting to get up so early...after treatment, we head to the gym...if we're lucky it's open (5:30 am ) or else we wait with the masses to go inside. Then to Jamba Juice for his wheat grass shot and then back for breakfast. By this time, we are ready for a nap...ok, I am ready for a nap.

We've had a great time while here. Loma Linda was definately the right place for us. Southern California was the BEST. I will admit, I love being close to all sorts of shopping and cultural experiences. The produce here is so fresh and good. Can't beat the weather either. We've met some wonderful people that have become good friends through this experience. We've cried, complained and laughed together. I will miss my gaggle of girlfriends I spend time with each morning while waiting for Kirk. I do not believe that Kirk will miss any of the technicians he spends time with each morning! (don't get me wrong...they are unbelievably kind and compassionate...but you know what I mean) And I don't think he'll ever let me buy another balloon...

1 comment:

Denice said...

that is very exciting news! i hope you both now get to go home and get back to life. here's to good health. go kirk!